Saturday 11 December 2010

Possible final portraits

I wanted to capture movement within one of my portraits so I tried different shutterspeeds while in the studio. I did not use the flash only the modeling lamps. I like the three images individually however I think they work better as a series. I need to tweak the background colours slightly so they all match and then I think I will use this as one of my final images.

My next idea was to play with reflections using perspex like I have previously attempted for a short assignment. In the short assignment I used an object but this time plan to reflect peoples faces. I originally tried this with purple plastic and only one facial expression. I liked the idea but the photograph could be improved so I have decided to experiment with using different peoples faces and expressions together.


Here I have merged a standard facial expression with a silly face, I really like the effect. I also like the way the reflection is starring into the camera I got this idea from robbie cooper's work, I feel this makes the image quite intense. Here are some more of this work.






While creating these images I found that some photographs I took of the models facing the camera look quite nice on their own so these are them.




I am now going to take the time to decide which ones work well enough to hand in as final prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment