Wednesday 24 November 2010

Short assignment - Keep it simple

The second short assignment I decided to do was the 'keep it simple', for this I had to look at work by Michael Kenna and take 5 photographs with the same minimalist style.

I decided to do all 5 of my photographs along the River Humber, I wanted to use slow shutter speeds to create a minimalist feel so I went at dusk to get darker lighting conditions. I wanted to look at objects along the river that are solitary to keep in with the minimalist theme.

These are my 5 images;







In photoshop I tweaked the tonal range slightly and desaturated them all so the would all look similar. Kenna also used a lot of greyscale within his images.

I enjoyed this project a lot, I would definitely revisit this idea in the future as I really like the final result. I would like to try different areas to see how I could make a busy cluttered area appear minimalistic.

1 comment: